The Program is for 50 hours in total. Students will acquire complete hands-on training with professional medical equipment. Upon successful completion of the program the students will receive a certificate. Phlebotomy Technicians obtain blood and other specimens as ordered by a licensed health care provider, label the specimen collection tubes with patient's name and DOB, time of collection, collection source, etc.. The school encourages its graduates to appear for the National Certification Examinations (offered on site) to obtain professional excellence in their field, though it is optional and not mandatory for employment.
School Tuition: $399
Registration Fee: $30
Total Fee: $499
We offer easy payment plans.
The down payment, due upon registration is $130 (including the registration fee), and the remaining balance can be paid in weekly installments.
Topics Covered in the Program:
- Introduction to Phlebotomy
- Phlebotomy Basics / Anatomy and Physiology
- Professional and Legal Issues of Phlebotomy
- Procedures and Equipment for Specimen and Blood Collection
- Specimen Handling/ Safety Procedures
- Phlebotomy Skills and Competency Checklists
Mornings: Monday to Friday, 9am to 2:30pm (2 weeks)
Class Starting June 19th, 2017
(Registration Deadline: June 10th 2017)
Mornings: Monday and Tuesday, 9am to 2:30pm (5 weeks)
Class Starting June 12th, 2017
(Registration Deadline: May 30th 2017)
Weekends: Saturdays only, 9am to 4:39pm (7 weeks)
Requirements for Enrollment:
- Social Security Card
- Picture ID
- High School Diploma or a GED (If a student is unable to provide a copy of the diploma he/she may take a NO COST entrance exam.)