The Program is for 100 hours in total. Students will acquire complete hands-on training with professional medical equipment. Upon successful completion of the the students will receive a certificate. Electrocardiograph (EKG) technicians perform EKGs on patients under the supervision of a physician. Phlebotomy Technicians obtain blood and other specimens as ordered by a licensed health care provider, label the specimen collection tubes with patient's name and DOB, time of collection, collection source, etc..
School encourages its graduates to appear for the National Certification Examinations (offered ON SITE, by the National Healthcareer Association) to obtain professional excellence in their field, though it is optional and not mandatory for employment.
School Tuition - $589.00
Books - $110.00
Registration Fee - $50.00
Total Fee - $749.00
We offer easy payment plans.
The down payment, due upon registration is $250 (including the registration fee), and the remaining balance can be paid in weekly installments.
Topics Covered in the Program
- Cardiovascular System – Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic Electrophysiology
- Sinus Rhythm, Atrial Rhythm Junctional Rhythm
- Ventricular Rhythm, AV Rhythm AV Blocks
- Pacemaker Rhythm
- Analyzing Identifying Pacemaker functions
- Performing an ECG
- 12 Lead ECG
- Introduction to Phlebotomy
- Phlebotomy Basics / Anatomy and Physiology
- Professional and Legal Issues of Phlebotomy
- Procedures and Equipment for Specimen and Blood Collection
- Specimen Handling/ Safety Procedures
- Phlebotomy Skills and Competency Checklists
Mornings: Monday thru Thursday, 9:00 am to 2:30 pm (5 weeks)
Weekends: Saturdays and Sundays, 9:00 am to 4:39 pm (7 weeks)
Requirements for Enrollment
- Social Security Card
- Picture ID
- High School Diploma or a GED (If a student does not carry a high school diploma or a GED, he/she is required to pass the ABLE exam on premises at no cost.)