EKG Technician (CET) (Electrocardiography)
The Program is for 50 hours in total. Students will acquire complete hands-on training with professional medical equipment. Upon successful completion of the students will receive a certificate. Electrocardiograph (EKG) technicians perform EKGs on patients under the supervision of a physician. The school encourages its graduates to appear for the National Certification Examinations (Offered on site) to obtain professional excellence in their field, though it is optional and not mandatory for employment.
School Tuition - $399.00
Books - $70.00
Registration Fee - $30.00
Total Fee - $499.00
We offer easy payment plans.
The down payment, due upon registration is $130 (including the registration fee), and the remaining balance can be paid in weekly installments.
Topics Covered in the Program
- Cardiovascular System – Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic Electrophysiology
- Sinus Rhythm, Atrial and Junctional Rhythm
- Ventricular Rhythm, and AV Blocks
- Pacemaker Rhythm
- Analyzing and Identifying Pacemaker functions
- Performing an ECG
- 12 Lead ECG
Mornings: Wednesday and Thursday, 9:00 am to 2:30 pm (5 weeks)
Weekends: Sundays only, 9:00 am to 4:39 pm (7 weeks)
Requirements for Enrollment
- Social Security Card
- Picture ID
- High School Diploma or a GED (If a student is unable to provide a copy of the diploma he/she may take a NO COST entrance exam.)